At every stage in a business, understanding your competitive edge is imperative when seeking protection from competitors. Your assessment involves us spending several hours with you and your team to identify and protect your competitive edge and you’ll receive our detailed report with actionable next steps.
The process to creating your assessment includes:
- Defining your business and technology landscape.
- Clarifying your picture of the future and how your business fits into this future.
- Identifying other companies that have the technology or a subset of the technology that can deliver a competitive solution, possibly limiting or displacing your business.
- Within this scope, define your competitive edge.
- Identifying what needs to be protected to maintain your competitive edge in light of the picture of the future and your competitors.
- Identifying your potential competitors, partners, and M&A options.
- How are you going to make money and leverage your competitive edge?
- When IP scope can be limited, we will perform a high-level patentability search in line with our recommendations over ‘fields and use’ that need to be protected.
At the end of this process, you’ll have a report and a list of recommended patents to begin developing.